What to do? d22 or d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Got my D40 2 wheel drive diesel duel cab .tow bar, cruise control and rubber mats brand new 4 weeks ago $30,200 drive away without ABN number regards Big fellow

It's about time someone gave them some attention, the focus is always on hair salons and those other poor suckers who secretly wished they owned a hair salon but won't admit it. D21 drivers were missing out and feeling all lonely I'm just trying to keep them involved.

^ Lol, at the last 5 posts.

Krafty did you also go by the name Bogged on Outers or Truckster on Patrol4x4 ?

Your personality's are so similar.

Dave.

Thanks Dave, no ones ever said I've got a personality before. But no Patrol drivers are bigger than me and they might pick on me so I wont go near the forum of big boys.

No worries, !@#$ it would be funny to have Bruce (Bogged) aswell. You would have some competition.

Dave.

These ones. Also i dont want tyres that have the same height (from edge of rim to end of tyre) as the standard d22 ones. I'm only just learning all this car stuff, so I hope to know what I mean.

Attachments

• navara.jpg
    navara.jpg
    101.1 KB
What you're after is a lower profile tyre. My tyres are 255/70 R16.

That means:

255mm wide, across the tread

The tyre wall from rim to tread is 70% of the tyre width - called the profile

The tyre goes on a 16" rim.

Stuff knows why they're actively mixing metric and imperial measurements, I'm sure that's just some guy that gets his jollies off reading the complaints columns in motoring magazines by confused motorists.

We've been metric since the 70s. Get with the bloody program, guys, and you TV manufacturers can too, bloody 42 inch screens my ass, how much is an inch and why the hell should I convert anything in a METRIC country that has been for over 30 years?

Oh ... anyway, that's how tyre sizes work.

These ones. Also i dont want tyres that have the same height (from edge of rim to end of tyre) as the standard d22 ones. I'm only just learning all this car stuff, so I hope to know what I mean.

I wouldn't recommend going too low a profile, the tyres flex plays a large part of the suspension in a 4WD ute, you may end up with a very firm stiff uncomfortable ride.

What you're after is a lower profile tyre. My tyres are 255/70 R16.

That means:

255mm wide, across the tread

The tyre wall from rim to tread is 70% of the tyre width - called the profile

The tyre goes on a 16" rim.

Stuff knows why they're actively mixing metric and imperial measurements, I'm sure that's just some guy that gets his jollies off reading the complaints columns in motoring magazines by confused motorists.

We've been metric since the 70s. Get with the bloody program, guys, and you TV manufacturers can too, bloody 42 inch screens my ass, how much is an inch and why the hell should I convert anything in a METRIC country that has been for over 30 years?

Oh ... anyway, that's how tyre sizes work.

I would rather imperial than stupid metric sizes like the bolts holding the crossmember behind the sump has. 11mm x 1.25 pitch???

I had to replace mine, ended up using good ol, 7/16 unf!.

You'd be lucky to get 500km from a full tank on a petrol D40, and that's using every last drop of fuel. You'd probably hit reserve at around 380km or so.

Don't know where all these figures come from unless:

a) you drive your trucks hard and/or

b) the difference in petrol consumption between an STX 4 x 2 (can't buy them any more - another bit of brilliance!) and an STX 4 x 4 is HUGE.

My 2006 V6 4 x 2 STX petrol has been so consistently delivering 605 km per tank (not full - 80 litre tank usually takes only 76 litres) for so long now I don't take any notice of the fuel guage (replaced once, still hopelessly out) or the "Bing" light. That's around town. On a run the 605 can stretch to 630km.

Bloke48
Canberra

Latest posts

Back