What to do? d22 or d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that Tony's based those figures on average figures either reported elsewhere on this site or by Nissan themselves for the petrol motor either way it's not really based on him driving his truck hard given that he hasn't got a petrol truck.

Doing the sums roughly Tony's talking about a figure of around 15 lph and your talking about 12's for yours, so given that every vehicle is different and even two supposedly identical utes will give different fuel figures I'm not overly suprised by the difference and would always expect the 4x2 to come out in front.

Although given some of the other fuel threads on this site I'd also suggest your rough 12's are quite a bit better than some of the petrol motors listed here, there are some figures quoted around yours but there are many higher.

That's right, the petrol is supposed to pull 15s and the diesels are supposed to get 10s. All reports I've seen show the petrol version doesn't go below 15s much at all.

If you're getting 12s in yours, you've got yourself a good one. 12s is what we get with our diesels and we're happy - after modding and adding a bunch of weight (mine's now 2.5T at the kerb) 12's is a nice figure for an oiler. You've done bloody well to catch us!

Latest posts

Back