V6 turbo diesel info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reece012009

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this forum and a new owner of a d40 v6 turbo diesel am new to navaras always had patrols but just wondering if anyone on this site has had dramas with there v6 turbo diesel as I have only had mine a week cheers any feedback would be good

Welcome aboard, Reece.

The earlier V9Xs had issues with the charge air hose (hot side) ballooning and I think there were some EGR issues. A couple of users reported ballooning of the top of the intercooler (I couldn't believe it either, but they provided a pic). Other than that, they're reportedly bloody solid.

Some complaints about the Auto gearbox too I think. 4 wheeling in low range downhill it doesn't stay in first, it changes up to 2nd.

mine uses more fuel than every body else I talk to that has one...and I baby it. other than that it is a great ute and tows really well

Cheers thanks heaps guy as of yet I have not had a drama only thing I dont like is that the auto wont hold gears when 4wding changes up gears not good in sand and old.tony I believe that I see you can buy kits to replace the rubber hose with alloy. Being a nissan person and allways having patrols 4.2td the performance in the navara is great

Yet to buy a bash plate for the front as the radiator sits low and have had three mates crack there radiators due to not having bash plates (stronger, thicker then factory)

There's a post from one member who added a switch and changed some wiring to fool the auto so it would hold the one gear. Have a search you should find it easily.

Latest posts

Back