Turbo timer brand?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King nav

Reaction score
Hi I've been looking on eBay for turbo timers and there is a brand "newpro-tech" who say there aus made and owned. Has anyone installed one? And are they any good or just stick with the well known bogaard?
Thanks

Cheers guys. Is the arb one plug and play? Can you lock the car with the timer on?

Be sure To remember your central locking won't engage when the motor is still running

is there a way to adjust your central locking to work around this? I am having keyless locking fitted this week and hopefully turbo timer soon after. Would be average if I couldn't use it once I fitted the turbo timer...

not as far as i know. I have a feeling you might be alright given its not OEM central locking

Just let the installer know that you want to be able to lock the car with the turbo timer running. I am sure they can work something out.

my 2006 str has central locking and after market keyless entry. no drama on this end with locking the car (with key or button) with the timer still running.

i have a newpro tech timer on both of my rx's and its the plug play version off ebay and they work fine $159 each' it took ten minutes to do each one very easy cheers.

Techpro Turbo Timer

I too have the ebay techpro "Plug and Play" unit and it works fine except there is no way that I have found to over-ride it and use the remote locking. I now close all but the driver's door, use the door lock button on the driver's door rest to lock all the other doors then lock the driver's door with the key.

I also found out the hard way that the headlight "screecher" warning doesn't work until the engine stops by which time I have gone.... and left the lights on!

Fitting the unit was a snack! 20 minutes included relocating the driving light switch to make way for the timer switch on the lower dash.

I have a Boggard. Works well, but as said the headlight buzzer won't work till it turns off, i also have left lights on and walked away (admittedly i was in a big hurry and lights were the last thing i would have though of).

All plug and play for the boggard, and can be had pretty cheap from some places.

Latest posts

Back