suspension brand choice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyf09

Reaction score
Hey guys, finally getting a lift kit and was wandering what people would choose between
an ironman kit for $1700 installed with 3 year warranty or a dobinsons kit installed for $1850.If anyone else can tell me better prices or just as good a brand for a decent price im all ears.

Cheers

like ericcs said, give john at Zordos a call, easy to deal with and excellent after sales support. and he knows his stuff

I don't rate the dobinsons. But probably better then ironman. I think zordo goes with blupak or something with great results.

Hey guys, finally getting a lift kit and was wandering what people would choose between

an ironman kit for $1700 installed with 3 year warranty or a dobinsons kit installed for $1850.If anyone else can tell me better prices or just as good a brand for a decent price im all ears.

Cheers

Hey matty,

If you buy a kit from Zordo and have a mechanic install it you should be able to get a set of bilsteins for under $1850. This is the way I'm going to go and there are quite a few reports on the forums of guys loving them...

Cheers

-scott

Hey matty,

If you buy a kit from Zordo and have a mechanic install it you should be able to get a set of bilsteins for under $1850. This is the way I'm going to go and there are quite a few reports on the forums of guys loving them...

Cheers

-scott

Cheers scott if i can get a bilsteins kit for under that price ill do that :) ive heard there a good kit

Hey mate i have had dobinsons in for 2 yrs now in my d40 and just this week i bought new dobinsons front springs and the new adjustable ironman foam cell pro struts and shocks and i am impressed. I rate dobinsons and now ironman as i had em in my gq asweel. IM from melb and zordo helped me heaps that's where i got this second setup off. Call em and he will sort ya out :)

Any one know somewhere on the Central Coast/Newcastle that can hook me up with some new suspension. Nav is completely stock at the moment and I can feel just about every bump on the road. It's my daily so if I can make it somewhat more comfortable to drive that'd be good. Won't be doing much 4wd but will be doing a bit of touring. Help?!

Any one know somewhere on the Central Coast/Newcastle that can hook me up with some new suspension. Nav is completely stock at the moment and I can feel just about every bump on the road. It's my daily so if I can make it somewhat more comfortable to drive that'd be good. Won't be doing much 4wd but will be doing a bit of touring. Help?!

Come down to Sydney and see Ultimate at Minto.
Tell Brendan you are a forum member (they are a muster sponsor)

I went Dobinson's kit all round in the D22 with the comfort springs in the back from Zordos. Still rides pretty harsh unless you have some weight in the tray. Not sure if any other brand 2 inch lift kits would of yielded better results comfort wise. I don't think this thing will ever ride as well as an Amarok or the newer utes.

I went Dobinson's kit all round in the D22 with the comfort springs in the back from Zordos. Still rides pretty harsh unless you have some weight in the tray. Not sure if any other brand 2 inch lift kits would of yielded better results comfort wise. I don't think this thing will ever ride as well as an Amarok or the newer utes.
The only way you're going to get a better ride out of the rear end is to convert it to coils. Leaf springs are all going to be as bad as one another, no matter what you do with them. Just depends how different people find them as to how "bad" they are...

I also recently went for the full dobinson setup with the heavy leafs in the rear as I tow a boat and carry tools etc. It has been great. Once things settled I then had to wind up the front torsion bars as the front had dropped slightly. Also fitted new torsion bars too.cheers

Latest posts

Back