rydge ryder 12000 winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmmiicc

Reaction score
hello all i have just purchased a 12000 rydge ryder winch thinking it would bolt straight onto my genuine bar with the front mounting holes
nissan d40 2006

it does fit But the winch instructions say for the rope to come out at the bottom end of the winch not the top
also the free spool hits at the back making it hard to turn and then there is not much room for the control box to be fitted on as well so extensions would have to be put on
so for it to fit properly i will need to mount from the bottom custom mounting plate and modiffy the bar by cutting a section of the front mount out

just wondering if there are any sugestions

Last edited:
allot but not all winches can be unbolted at the clutch end and then be rotated to the position that suits your bar, have you tried that?

it should fit straight in without mods.
theres not much room for the clutch lever but u should be able to rotate it so its usable, tigerz11 had a video on there website how to do it, most winches are pretty similar.
normally mount the control box infront of the grill on top of the bar, or somewhere behind thee bar or even in the engine bay.

i wouldnt be cutting the bar mounts.

it should fit straight in without mods.
theres not much room for the clutch lever but u should be able to rotate it so its usable, tigerz11 had a video on there website how to do it, most winches are pretty similar.
normally mount the control box infront of the grill on top of the bar, or somewhere behind thee bar or even in the engine bay.

i wouldnt be cutting the bar mounts.

i will try to rotate the clutch (no instructions in the book) but ill still have the problem with the rope not being able to spool out from the bottom of the winch
with mounting it on the front it will only spool out from the top of the winch cause there is a cross bar above the bottom mounting hole
this is the bar which i have to modify anyway i go
or do you think that spooling from the top of the winch would be ok ?

Seems a bit strange that it can't be mounted to spool from the bottom... Can you put up any pics of the mounts?

Seems a bit strange that it can't be mounted to spool from the bottom... Can you put up any pics of the mounts?
looking starght at the front
first pic top mount hole
second bottom behind front bar

Attachments

• IMG_0403[1].jpg
    IMG_0403[1].jpg
    211.8 KB
  • IMG_0404[1].jpg
    IMG_0404[1].jpg
    207.1 KB
The mounting holes in the bar are not universal - you may need to redrill the holes to suit your winch and/or fairlead.

I know for example, that the fairlead mounting holes on my ARB bar and Warn 9.5XP fairlead were not correct, and needed to be re-drilled. These instructions were in the bar fitting guide.

Example - the winch may install the original holes, but the fairlead may need to be mounted relatively higher, to "lift" the rope over the cross member in the bar construction.

I have one of these winches, it was easy to mount but that was on a D22, it was just a matter of turning winch around like flipping it for rope to come from bottom, maybe the mounts are different on that bar. Gave it a service with good grease first as well.

Also I put the control box on the winch motor with some big and I mean the big hose clamps, so the clamps went around the motor and onto the control box mounts, tightened up and never looked like moving and still easyish to get to if needed, put in a battery isolator in and has always worked no probs.

Latest posts

Back