Reverse sensors professionally fitted

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtownjon

Reaction score
Hi,

Just checking if anyone has had reverse sensors professionally fitted to their Navara and if so how was the control unit mounted underneath?

The reason I ask is I got sensors fitted today and upon checking out the work later on, I have found the control unit to be wrapped in bubble wrap and just cable tied loosely to the top of the chassis.

For the price I paid and the company I choose I was expecting a bit more of a professional installation.

Would be interested in how others have been installed.

Thanks
Jon

I would have thought the control unit would be in the dash or under the bonnet. I know its further to take things but it is where all electrical components belong. I would have a chat to to the and let them know you could have zip tied and bubble wrapped it yourself.

That's exactly what I said to my wife, I could have done a dodgy install myself like this. It's quite frustrating as the sensors have been on my shopping list for nearly three years and I kept balking at the installation cost until I finally bit the bullet and got some installed. I wasn't confident of doing a decent job myself so I choose a well known company who I felt would do an A1 installation.

Anyway I have taken a few photos and sent off to the manufacturer and they have advised me they do sell waterproof control units which can be mounted under ute tubs and that mine is not a waterproof unit and shouldn't be mounted the way it is.

I guess I will asking for a please explain tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF0266.jpg
    DSCF0266.jpg
    213.6 KB
Well I sent an email early last week raising my concerns about water/moisture eventually finding it's way into the unit and I raised the fact that it didn't appear to be a professional installation and asked if that's how they always install the control box in utes.

The response I got from the owner was that they have never had any issues with water/moisture and that he doesn't foresee any issue at all. He stated that in utes there is often no other way to mount the control box due to cables not being long enough to reach the cabin.

After doing a bit of research I have found there are units on the market that have water proof control units designed for utes, there are units that come with an extension cable designed for utes so control box reaches the cabin and I have also found that most installers install the control box on utes in behind the tail lights where it's much less likely to get wet.

Anyway I have sent another email to the owner stating it's a bodgy job in anyones language, one in which no one in their right mind would pay to have installed if they knew it would be installed that way. I asked why wasn't a more suitable unit installed (such as a water proof unit or unit with extended cables) considering they are the professionals.

Haven't got a response back yet, the company involved is The Carkit Company.

Latest posts

Back