Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is highly offensive Dave :ha:

Soon there will not only be people getting deleted for going off topic (or staying on topic in some cases) but for using the wrong smilies in the "tech threads" because they are too naughty :eviltongue:

I always thought that butterflies would have less aerodynamic drag if their wings are smaller and therefore they'd fly faster.

It works for helicopters, smaller rotor diameter with higher rotor head RPM = faster forward flight speed.

I always thought that butterflies would have less aerodynamic drag if their wings are smaller and therefore they'd fly faster.

It works for helicopters, smaller rotor diameter with higher rotor head RPM = faster forward flight speed.

Does that mean less lift?

For the heli - no. Lift is a function of blade area, velocity and angle. With the shorter blade at a higher velocity, the same angle would see the same amount of lift.

For the butterfly, it'd probably have to take a run-up to take off, like a goony bird.

That is highly offensive Dave :ha:

Soon there will not only be people getting deleted for going off topic (or staying on topic in some cases) but for using the wrong smilies in the "tech threads" because they are too naughty :eviltongue:

I think we need a poll on whether to keep that smilie.

Then will come the poll asking if we can use it in all threads or if it's banned from the threads we aren't allowed to have fun in.

Latest posts

Back