Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jase, there's some good coin in combat areas. So my mate tells me.

He has made $100,000 for each tour of Afghanistan or however you spell that dump.

Yeah I believe the money is a lot better now, I was there for 9 months in 1990, for Gulf War 1. We were on tax free pay and $45 a day Gulf Allowance on top of normal pay.

Yeah ha ha, especially when the Captain tells you it's an 8 second flight time from Iraq by Exocet missile. They could've paid us more :p

Yeah I believe the money is a lot better now, I was there for 9 months in 1990, for Gulf War 1. We were on tax free pay and $45 a day Gulf Allowance on top of normal pay.

Not hard to see why they struggled to get people into the military and keep them.

Came back from holidays on the weekend. Always have a uhf in the car when going away with the van. In fact I have recently started carrying a second hand held. Big sticker on the back of the van “Ch 40”.

Heard virtually nothing on the radio the whole trip. In the past I have forgotten to turn it on & one trip I could receive but somehow managed to change the transmit frequency so I could not be heard on the channel I was listening.

On this trip I knew the radio was working because I used it a few times to talk to wifie when I was backing the van.

Anyway washing the car yesterday, I looked up proudly at my big “Ch 40” sticker & it dawned on me that while I had religiously turned the radio on when travelling, I had been deliberately putting it on channel 18. Bugger I reckon I had done the same thing on a trip last year.

My unreserved apology to anyone who might read this & who might have tried to contact me & abuse me for being too slow or whatever. I was a not being ignorant, I am just stupid. :banghead:

Came back from holidays on the weekend. Always have a uhf in the car when going away with the van. In fact I have recently started carrying a second hand held. Big sticker on the back of the van “Ch 40”.

Heard virtually nothing on the radio the whole trip. In the past I have forgotten to turn it on & one trip I could receive but somehow managed to change the transmit frequency so I could not be heard on the channel I was listening.

On this trip I knew the radio was working because I used it a few times to talk to wifie when I was backing the van.

Anyway washing the car yesterday, I looked up proudly at my big “Ch 40” sticker & it dawned on me that while I had religiously turned the radio on when travelling, I had been deliberately putting it on channel 18. Bugger I reckon I had done the same thing on a trip last year.

My unreserved apology to anyone who might read this & who might have tried to contact me & abuse me for being too slow or whatever. I was a not being ignorant, I am just stupid. :banghead:

thats hilarious!! i thought you were going to say the 0 had fallen off....... not that you had it on the wrong channel :rofl2:

Gold but it really should be the why d22,s are better than d40,s, As there owners are smarter:rambo:

So for all those people out there who don't like ARB products it appears there is a lot of people who really love them. Thanks to the fourby community who spend shitloads too make their factory 4wd's go offroad ARB is now one of the best companies to invest money in. It's even reported that they have 0 debt which isn't bad from an aussie company of that size in this day and age.

The amount they charge compared to other people for a name tag is what I hate.

You must have the same guy behind the counter as we have down here dave. I haven't brought an ARB product for years and wont go back, but I might consider throwing some buck into the kitty while other people seem so keen on buying their stuff.

You must have the same guy behind the counter as we have down here dave. I haven't brought an ARB product for years and wont go back, but I might consider throwing some buck into the kitty while other people seem so keen on buying their stuff.

Buy shares you think, I think it,s the owner of this store who,s the stuck up :wristy:

Latest posts

Back