Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got 5 trees that were in excess of 90 feet each when they were standing all laying on the ground ready to be cut up for firewood but the problem is none of us that have log fires need the stuff.

My brother got rid of a 8x12 trailer load of firewood a week or two back and the guy gave him a slab of bourbon for it. I recently offered a guy as much wood as he could take off the property for $50 and the offer was declined. People are so bloody fickle when it comes to "free" firewood that we have pretty much decided this shit can stay where it is until someone asks us what we want for it.

Got a mate over near daylesford with 20 acres he likes to drop a few trees and then i come in and get rid of the EVIDENCE before his neighbor can ring the council on monday

KraftyPg;148588We've got 5 trees that were in excess of 90 feet each when they were standing all laying on the ground ready to be cut up for firewood but the problem is none of us that have log fires need the stuff. I recently offered a guy as much wood as he could take off the property for $50 and the offer was declined. People are so bloody fickle when it comes to "free" firewood that we have pretty much decided this shit can stay where it is until someone asks us what we want for it.[/QUOTE said:
F__k....you didnt ask me Grrrrr

We've never had it so easy as we do now, farms always produce fallen trees but the previous owner of this place was not in a fit state to actually run it so all the trees that came down he just left where they fell. We had to get one tree fell last week because it was dropping on massive limbs onto the track but the others have been down for ages. We don't necessarily want to get rid of them but we thought we'd make the offer because we don't really need them but some people are just too stupid for their own wallets.

We've never had it so easy as we do now, farms always produce fallen trees but the previous owner of this place was not in a fit state to actually run it so all the trees that came down he just left where they fell.

Thats the same with the 800 on lease, we cant touch the timber on the place, The amount of fallen timber would keep me happy for who knows how long. And its getting into box country so its quality wood

The tree we had dropped the other day was blue gum, not the best for burning but if you mix it with other wood whilst burning it burns ok.

The other trees are a mixture but one of them is red gum, we used to love burning that stuff in the Coonara cause shit it got hot and it burnt for ages.

Picked up a metre of redgum when we up the murray in october just to mix in on the cold nights in july couldnt fit anymore in the tub with our bags and fridge and towing the camper the nav was loaded

Yeah redgum not just good for verandah posts. Although our local garden supplies joint was telling us the other day that red gum sleepers are becoming rare as rocking horse shit. Reckons very few mobs make them now and that pine has taken over, we ended up using pine for the cattle ramp but would like to have bought redgum. Gone are the days where we used to go out and cut our own redgum sleepers, verandah posts, and who knows what else from the "shit" APM used to leave behind.

State forests wouldn,t be such a fire pit if people had of been allowed to collect fallen timber from them, Its only been the last season that there allowing people in there without permits

We used to get permits from the APM to cut wood, because they were only interested in the pine they'd cut the rest down but leave it behind, we just had to pay $50 come in with big enough saws to cut 3-6 foot diameter trees and we could take what we wanted, no limits and no restrictions if it was there is was shit to them.

We made a heap of money selling redgum verandah posts and sleepers and the off cuts went to firewood at $80 a 6x4 trailer. Things aren't that easy anymore.

Yeah the garden bloke told us that even if he could get the redgum sleepers in the time frame we wanted them we wouldn't like the price, so we took his word for it and went with pine.

Latest posts

Back