Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oncoming truck put a nice star in the windscreen yesterday. Last time I left one it spread about 2 years later. Not keen on an aftermarket glass so thought I had better get if fixed. Next town was Finley & no repairers. Tried Jerilderi, no repairers. Back in Cobram & $75.00 later, all fixed.

I would hate to think what a genuine screen is worth.

Oncoming truck put a nice star in the windscreen yesterday. Last time I left one it spread about 2 years later. Not keen on an aftermarket glass so thought I had better get if fixed. Next town was Finley & no repairers. Tried Jerilderi, no repairers. Back in Cobram & $75.00 later, all fixed.

I would hate to think what a genuine screen is worth.

Whats wrong with aftermarket windscreens Joe, Mine was $150

^ What he said.

My windscreen has been replaced.

The aftermarket one has chips all over it, waiting for it to fully crack.

Some of the chips are 4 years old.

I like the the perforated blacked out areas around the screen, particularly as the area between the visors stops some of the sun I experience on the way to the hair salon :big_smile:

If it was a choice between genuine & aftermarket glass, it would be genuine without doubt but it would be stupid to pay what might be $800 or so.

I have one in a car at home that doesn't fit right. The gap between the body & glass is all over the place & it leaks in one corner. Some people complain that aftermarket glass has a wavy appearance but they are probably being more precious than me.

Still the old girl is less than a year old & would like to keep the original glass as long as possible.

Wifie had a bulls eye in the bottom of her screen that was down so low you could only see it on the outside. About 2 years later it decided to travel & now there is no missing the big crack. In hindsight that should have been repaired at the time. Yet sometimes they never change.

Isn't it annoying when you replace the screen & within days it gets damaged? If it hasn't happened to you yet, don't worry, it probably will.

Latest posts

Back