Power Chip d22 08 2.5LTurbo worth the $$?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet2290

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious if anyone out there has put a power chip in there d22 2.5L just trying to determine if it is worth spending the money thanks guys

RedDirt In Sydney do a powerchip from what i gather it just ups the fuel rail pressure by tricking the ecu into thinking it isnt putting out enough fuel, im happy to look into any chip that works just wondering what people are using and if its worth the money thanks man :)

Is this the one that 4wd Action are flogging on their website with the ads and giveaway? It's a cheap option at $800 if I recall correctly, no idea if it's any good or not. DPChip are $1500 as a comparison, yet again I have no clue how good they are

you can get a steinbauer chip which is probably the safest on the market for 14-1500, I have a a steinbauer, 3" turbo back exhaust and 18psi and I am really happy with the power...... Cheap chips would sound great until something went pop

I feel comfortable with the cheaper ones....but you want to know what your doing and listening for..egts,pressure surging,injector rattle and popping the pressure limit valve on the back of the rail.
Know your engine before playing.
Pretty happy with my DTE/DTUK injector chip also.at around $650 their quite safe

No dyno yet..but according to the the torque app (appparantly it gets within +/- 5%) im comfortably around yours with the chipit and similar mods.more with the injector chip turned on.running too hot tho...i need to improve the intercooler particularly for summer...towing is out of the question currently with both chips...just too much fuel

No dyno yet..but according to the the torque app (appparantly it gets within +/- 5%) im comfortably around yours with the chipit and similar mods.more with the injector chip turned on.running too hot tho...i need to improve the intercooler particularly for summer...towing is out of the question currently with both chips...just too much fuel

Well said mate I think you will have more poke than me. I did a 0 to 100 run filmed in 9.2 seconds. I decided not to upload it to keep in the forum rules. And as well the legal side. The bloke that built mine does heaps of race car builds and likes to play with diesels. I have 526nm's at 2100.

Mabee more poke but a lot more smoke on takeoff too!!if your carefull on the throttle i can launch kind of smoke free.but i havnt found the right settings yet.more work needed.Nm is one thing i havnt found out how read.im sure my setup cannot measure it.
The old navs are pretty pokie with a bit of tuning.quite exciting actually for a 2ton + truck

Hahah..
WOT on mine will exceed 830°(pre turbo) on the flat.no smoke either...that frightens me..needs to be stable before i any more tuning goes on. ..i figure you dont have to use it but its there when you need it...and i like that idea!!
I think i can set this truck up so i can just turn off the extra power when towing the car trailer..i have the chipit set to detune at 730° and the dte can just be turned off pre flight... keeps egts at a acceptable level

thanks alot for the help guys i will have a look into this more :) ill probally start by doing an EGR blank, throw a snorkel on, run a turbo back exhust with a 3inch dumppipe and see how the perfomance goes and with a chip i should be laughing but definetly looking for a safe power option wouldnt wanna overpressuresize my fuel system much appreciated for the help :)

I also have the Steinbauer as well, with a 3" zorst and a boosted turbo to 19psi, very happy now with the power gains, towing so much better. Economy has slightly improved as-well which is just a bonus.
You can also get ECU reflashed now i believe, there is a few doing it here in Perth, and for $500-600 mark would be worth investigating more?

I just installed a steinbauer last week. Raised the boost to 19psi and turned up the fine tune pot 1/4 turn. EGTs are good and performance is a big improvement. $1550 show special. So add 10% for normal price.

Brad when you tow you will find you hold a taller gear than before. My van you see in the signature is 1.7tonne in the early days on a huge climb I would be in 2nd. Now the same road 4th no problem.

Latest posts

Back