Need help wiring up ebay spotlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robdog.

Reaction score
Hey Boys,
i have a real ****ing problem!

i'll start of by admitting im no expert on auto elec components of a vehicle.

I brought the 100w HID brand Spotlights off ebay and thought I'd have a play today but i didn't get far at all. I have no idea how to wire up the loom.

I have already connected up the spots them selves after installing on the bar.
I have already poked the switch through the fire wall.

For those that haven't used these Looms before i will try and explain it the best i can.

Comming off the spots are two wires Black and White.
they connect into a something that looks like a relay.
comming out of the relay are a white black and red cable.

The red comming off the relay has a fuse in which i have connected to the battery.
the black coming off looks like earth so i have also connected that to the battery.

the white goes to the internal switch.
coming off the switch is a black and a red, i took the red and put it to the Blue wire that i have read is the Hi beam switch.
and then ran the black to the battery as earth.

nothing!!

what did i do wrong and how do i fix it.
thanks boys!

Loc

Not meaning to sound like a smart ass , but have you checked that the spots work? Ie - hooked them up to the battery terminals to see if they power up

The first time i tried to turn the car over and test them, it wouldn't go. just clicked.
So i pulled it all apart and tried again. car turns over this time and both headlights work on low and hi beam athough i cant get the spots to work. the fuse on the wiring loom is still good. but i cant get the spots to work. yes i know you can hook them straight up to the battery, but it goes straight into the relay so i cant test it. maybe the next step is to buy a test light and make sure power is down at the spots.

fark!

Sorry , I was just trying to establish if there is a problem with the spots or your wiring . So the spots are hardwired straight into the relay? My spots I had to wire to the relay ,as in I had wires coming out of each spot that I could put onto the battery terminals to see that each one worked before I wired to the relay.

I'm assuming that it must go into a ballast if it's a hid spot setup.I'm Not familiar with that type . A test light would be useful so you could check that the blue wire you have connected to is actually powered when the high beam is on.

jobs right!
turns out they need a fair amount of time to load up.
thanks for your help mate.

Ah see you knew what you were doing all along : ) good stuff man glad you sorted it out !

turns out it was a broken relay, took me ages to double check everything using the light tester.

the relay would work every now and then and that was the reason for the delayed start etc.
with a new relay and the switch mounted in the cab, its a job well done, and almost dark time to test them out. shit yeah!

Latest posts

Back