High Beam and Right Hand Indicator fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Slim

Reaction score
Hi, D40 ST Navara 2001 30000km - This morning I had a fault resurface. With the lights turned on I have low beam and a functioning left indicator. I have high beam if I flick the stick backwards but if I put it to high beam permenantly I have no high beam. I have no right indicator. If I turn the lights off I have both indicators. This appeared a few weeks ago and I had an auto electrical tech look at it. He found the battery had 1 bad pot and this was replaced. On getting it all back up and running the fault was still present. He then pulled the steering column and switch apart and cleaned all contactors and plugs. The problem was fixed. He did say that he found nothing he could hand on heart say caused the fault. I had the 30k service just completed and got them to look at a suspected fuel issue as I had a few misses/hestiations in power. Again nothing was found but it has now gone. Any ideas? I spoke to the auto electrician this morning and he has suggested getting Nissian to have a look. I have it booked in tomorrow with the local Darwin dealer.

I'm thinking it's the ECU earth. While it's the BCM that's responsible for the lighting, an errattic ECU often has disastrous and unpredictable side effects across the whole vehicle. It would explain the poor engine operation as well.

Still might pay to look at the BCM's connections. Has anyone done any work under the dash?

Hi Tony,

No work under the dash. The local dealership (Kerries in Darwin) had a go at fixing it on Tuesday. On going to pick it up they hadn't actually fixed it but claim it had an earth fault on the Light Force Spots I have. Not there problem as they were not fitted by them!!! Its now back in after I had serious words with them and no one could show me where the fault was actually identified. Point was that the spotties are nothing to do with the fault as they are speperate to the ligths completely. Havent heard anything from them today but I have my fingers crossed.

Steve

Latest posts

Back