hello from uk, need help with d22 zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philytl

Reaction score
new to this forum, i have been a member of a navara forum here in uk but not much knowledge about the zd30 engine, i have a 2003 d22 with zd30 engine, very rare over here, however on tuesday i heard a differant kind of noise, there is a slight tapping noise either just under the rocker cover or from the turbo pipe that goes over the top of the engine, any help or pointers would be great

thanks phil

Hello Phill, that motor does have a bit of tappet noise perhaps you may of not noticed it before?, a little bit more information may make it easier for us to try and diagnose.

Try glow plugs! easily tested! makes a huUUGE difference and you being in "Pomy land" (just teasing) I'd say the air would be a lot colder than here and would need nice and healthy glow plugs to aid start up...

Try glow plugs! easily tested! makes a huUUGE difference and you being in "Pomy land" (just teasing) I'd say the air would be a lot colder than here and would need nice and healthy glow plugs to aid start up...

going to do an engine service on it tomorrow, oil, both fuel filters, oil & air filters, i will get new glow plugs aswell, but i need to take 1 out to take to motor factors as my nav isnt on any of their computer systems, as mine is an african import, there is a company called milner of road, thats the only place that i have found that deals with parts i need, it has been quite warm over just lately up to 35 degrees 1 day

yea let me no how it goes as yours sounds like mine,is there two fuel filters
only overseas models got the dual fuel filters. NZ and AU don't have them.
the 2nd one isn't a fuel filter as such, its a sedimenter. ie big water trap.

Don't forget the small filter near the fuel tank ON THE RETURN LINE ! Always missed and is one of the breading grounds for the dreaded "diesel bug" !
Bosch where the ones used in mine 3 out 4 dead "and in good condition" and the other one completely broken core rod! Under 10'000K's.
Used HKT part no CP73 for the zd30 ! Company that sold me these suggested shorter service intervals and that he had a bad run with Bosch and never went back! Just say'n.. Time will tell I guess!

Attachments

• 20150705_175207.jpg
    20150705_175207.jpg
    204 KB
Don't forget the small filter near the fuel tank ON THE RETURN LINE ! Always missed and is one of the breading grounds for the dreaded "diesel bug" !
there isn't one.
any small fuel filter will be fitted by someone who is clueless. no point putting one on the return line.
sure your not getting it mixed up with the breather valve thats on the side of the tank?

Not sure, mine has one on the return line "i think" I'll check it now but it had Nissan written on it when I replaced it ??

Bosch where the ones used in mine 3 out 4 dead "and in good condition" and the other one completely broken core rod! Under 10'000K's.
Used HKT part no CP73 for the zd30 ! Company that sold me these suggested shorter service intervals and that he had a bad run with Bosch and never went back! Just say'n.. Time will tell I guess!

will have to get under there tomorrow and take a look what one i need, thanks for that as i didnt even know there was an inline filter

thanks phil

Latest posts

Back