full lock, terible sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusty87

Reaction score
hey all, im new here obviously so bear with me. I have an 06 3ltr Navara, which i love, but since ive owned it whenever i turn the wheel full lock left and right while at a slow speed or bumpy terrain it makes a horrible noise. Hard to explain the sound, just a really bad one. My dad reckons most navaras do it but i dont believe this. any ideas?
Also, im looking or a bit more power, would a 3" exhaust and a chip give it that bit more get up and go?

Thanks guys

Its the steering stop knuckle grinding in its stopper. It happens to every navara. You can replace the knuckle but i think they are about $30 each and they dont last to long

Just slap a whole lot of grease over it. We do it eery service lasts longer than the lock stop itself

nothing to worry about they all do it, just avoid full lock turns where possible and as already said, whack a heap of grease on the steering stops

hey all, im new here obviously so bear with me. I have an 06 3ltr Navara, which i love, but since ive owned it whenever i turn the wheel full lock left and right while at a slow speed or bumpy terrain it makes a horrible noise. Hard to explain the sound, just a really bad one. My dad reckons most navaras do it but i dont believe this. any ideas?
Also, im looking or a bit more power, would a 3" exhaust and a chip give it that bit more get up and go?

Thanks guys

mate i have a roo systems chip and a 3inch exhaust and love it. got a good power increase and better fuel. cost in at 3200 but im happy with it.

Remember to do both of the stops on each wheel. Just grease up a finger and whack it on

Latest posts

Back