Error codes please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiRosko

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to do OBD(on board diagnostics) without taking to a Nissan dealer? My check engine light keeps coming on but car drives fine..

Easy answer for most new vehicles is grab a your/kids or someones smartphone and grab a torque compatable bluetooth obd reader ($5 upwards on ebay) get the torque or dashcommand app and your away!
Otherwise someone here might have one that your close to like sparra04 said.
They should come with the car nowdays!

I have 1 but gold coast is a bit too far away
There should be a way to manually read it using binary code, try google search?

The OBD readers do look handy , the app is a further 13$ aswell.
I've heard of other cars that you do a sequence of things sitting in the car like pump accelerator five times, do this do that, and the computer would then tell you error codes, maybe navara has a trick aswel?

i copied this of the chip tuning website

You will need to follow the procedure below fairly carefully and precisely and ONLY whilst engine is hot so that the “relearn” is completed without engine being in cold start/run mode.

If at first you don’t succeed, try again. You will get it with practice. Remember that these instructions are very precise and we suggest, to be accurate, you use a watch with a seconds hand.

1. Drive vehicle until the engine and gearbox are up to operating temperature and return to base

(Before you start, confirm throttle pedal is fully RELEASED)

2. Switch off engine and turn off all electrical accessories (fan, lights radio etc) and keep all doors closed during operation

3. Turn “ON” ignition so that all the dash lights illuminate

4. Wait 3 seconds

5. Pump the accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds

6. With your foot now OFF the accelerator wait 7 seconds

7. After 7 seconds PRESS AND HOLD down accelerator pedal for 10 seconds

8. After 10 seconds the Engine Management Light will start to flash. At this time remove your foot from the accelerator

9. The vehicle is now in DIAG mode, let the EML flash for a while

10. PRESS AND HOLD the accelerator pedal down for more than 10 seconds. This will then reset the ECU and fuel pump and put them into learning mode

11. NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes. Expect to see EML flash as follows. 10 flashes [pause] x 4. 10 flashes equal “0″. So 10 flashes x 4 = 0000 which equals ZERO CODES

12. Start the engine and go for a 20kms drive through varying load conditions

13. ECU has now been reset and conducted a CR pump relearn

Latest posts

Back