Engine oil in fuel d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kunekune

Reaction score
HI guys, got a 98 d22 with a qd32 that is getting engine oil in the fuel. I guess its coming through the fuel pump??? Its not a real drama apart from doing fuel filters every 4-5000 klms. Yes its engine oil and not alge..
My question is has anyone had this happen before and is there anywhere else it could be coming from. Engine runs well and starts every time.
Also I have a donor motor out of a 90 model terrano d21 which I plan to swap the turbo etc, over to the qd32 does anyone know if the fuel pump from the terrano will bolt onto the qd??
Many thanks
Shane

is that engine oil in the fuel or fuel in the engine oil ?

most importantly how can you tell ?

Engine oil in the fuel. Looks smells and tastes like engine oil, took the tank out and cleaned the sludge out put new fuel in, fuel is clean for about a day then starts to go black, just like engine oil. I figure the fuel pump is lubed by engine oil and somewhere it has a seal which has given up and the pump is sucking oil.
I need to know if the terrano pump can bolt on to the qd or if I need to get the original pump done up. I figure if it does it will suit the turbo I am bringing across as well.
Cheers

no.
injection pump is lubed by fuel. there is no oil connection to the fuel system. so its not engine oil.
the other thing is that engine oil mixes with diesel extremely well.

no1 pick here is its diesel bug. especially as you had sludge in the tank. you probably still had some of it in the lines which simply reinfects the tank. you need to treat the fuel to kill the bug and change the filters as they get clogged up with the dead bug.

the pump, depends on if its got a boost comp on it or not. most of the terrano engines i've seen run the electronic pump which won't be suitable (unless you wire in the ecu and sensors etc)

Engine oil in the fuel. Looks smells and tastes like engine oil, took the tank out and cleaned the sludge out put new fuel in, fuel is clean for about a day then starts to go black, just like engine oil. I figure the fuel pump is lubed by engine oil and somewhere it has a seal which has given up and the pump is sucking oil.
I need to know if the terrano pump can bolt on to the qd or if I need to get the original pump done up. I figure if it does it will suit the turbo I am bringing across as well.
Cheers

lol Tastes ..... ahhhh funny shite, but i'm betting bug.. shit of a thing, mines had it- don't forget to blow all the lines out :)

Latest posts

Back