Default D22 Diesel Engine misses, then cuts out,under load ticks over fine.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Shogun

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the Forum and wondered if anyone out there can throw some light on this problem. Engine starts fine and runs ok until warm. Then in all gears about 2000 rpm starts to miss and cut out. No smoke engine will tick over fine and will restart no problems. Engine has 74,000 and no problems till now. Been down the neutral switch route still the same. Any thoughts? 2004 engine will not connect to fault code reader.

Dees it have the vp44? The electronics on them are known to fail due to heat cycling.

best to ask on the UK navara forum. we don't get much with the old yd25 engine.
odds are its a fueling/timing issue.
check filter and no air being sucked into fuel line.
the right code reader will work but they are nissan consult system not obd2.

^ Have read some amazing horror stories about the VP44. Wonder if anyone in Bosch had their asses kicked over that one!

I can't think of what else it could be either, unless the EGR valve is faulty.

^ Have read some amazing horror stories about the VP44. Wonder if anyone in Bosch had their asses kicked over that one!

I can't think of what else it could be either, unless the EGR valve is faulty.

When you type "vp44 failure " into google you'll see it's a world wide problem. Everyone that's had one fail should put it in a box with this and send it back to Bosch headquarters.

Attachments

• bosch quote.jpg
    bosch quote.jpg
    197.9 KB

Latest posts

Back