Clunking noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezzah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just ticked over the 1000k mark and took my d22 in for her first service yesterday. When asked if I had any problems or concerns I told him about this clunking noise from the front whenever I was turning full lock. He then told me that this was the lock stops rubbing on the nylon wearers and was completely normal, as I have read here. Went to pick it up an hour later to find out that two of the lock stops were loose, one hanging on by 2 threads which now needs to be re tapped and replaced, and one completely missing! Love my nav but this is very poor form from nissan!

Yeah gotta agree, pretty piss poor effort from your service centre. Welcome to the forums Dezzah. I can usually tell when I'm due for a service because of the high pitch screech on full lock and every mother, son and monkey in the street turn to look at me thinking I've side swiped a car.

Cheers Brad

Also read about the poor turning circle in the d22 on here and assumed that my 20 point turns into a car park were standard.. Can spin the wheel twice as far after having the lock stops corrected

just cover the bastard with grease, will stop it forever.

Can spin the wheel twice as far after having the lock stops corrected
careful you don't snap a CV, they are there to stop the CV shaft operating outside its tolerances.

Well I did say after having the stops corrected, which would mean that they are now doing their job of protecting the cv. Still taking it easy though makes me wonder what else is hanging on by a thread..

What you have heard is normal however the 1000k service is a tyre kick don't go back to nissan unless it's a big wty job i had 8 attempts by nissan to fix failed body mounts each then ther was the fan blower and resistor another 4 attempts build up trust with a local mechanic who will do it properly also look at doing the simple egr mod to help with the smoke and help with low down torque

yeah i know how you feel, i bought my navara from a nissan dealer, had it for about 2 weeks drove all in total of 3 days,had 2 engine mounts replaced, and about 3 body mounts replaced. had to re adjust my torsion bars because it was hitting the bump stops, had lock stops greased, not only that i got the car sold to me with a missing wheel nut......

love the nav but nissan have a few issues...

Wow missing wheel nut thats outdone everything i have heard thats a major safety concern yes my front is on the bump stops has been since 15k now at 35k getting full efs in next few weeks so no bother with nissan that year the thai 2010 was so bad with body mounts failing i lost thousands of dollars being self employed and taking 13days off to deal with wty issues the last straw was when the snorkle was vibrating on the guard they shoved a pair of old socks in the recess to dampen the noise hence no more nissan dealers for me

You can get a set of 4 nylon steering stops for about $40 on fleabay.Just lever the old ones off the stop and fit the new ones on. They wear quick though.

Latest posts

Back