2010 d40 fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamrig2000

Reaction score
G'day guys

Am new to the Forum. I have a 2010 d40 and on standard driving have gone from using 10.5 to 12 L per 100 klm . I have just had a new EGR unit put in< as I was having issues with the old one. really not sure why im having issue.
also have a ticking noise at around 2000 to 2500rpm during driving conditions.
I looked forward to getting a Navara for so long, but at the moment I couldn't be more disappointed

welcome to the forum,
Have a look in the DIY section, there is a "sticky" for how to block the EGR off so it never causes you a problem again and by blocking it it will stop soot from going into your intake and give you a slight increase in economy.
As for the "ticking noise" how may kms has the D40 done?
if it got more the 100k on it you may want pull the front cover off the engine (behind the fan) and have the timing chain looked at.

Welcome to the forum.

As above, but before you pull the timing chain cover off, grab a mechanics stethoscope (SCA sell them for about $25) and have a listen while the engine is idling. If there's a slapping sound coming from inside, you probably need new chain + tensioners - visit yd25.com.au and talk to Paul about a double-row replacement - unless you have a warranty.

Have a look at your cooling fan and make sure the blades look ok. Look at the rear of the radiator and make sure the fan hasn't been rubbing against the back of it, or the shroud - at 2000rpm the fan's pulling quite strongly and if the blades have weakened or cracked at the base (this has happened before) they could twist or shift forward and do damage.

You might also lubricate the two idler pulleys - one just above the power steering pump on the right hand side of the motor, and the other just inboard of the alternator. Spray some silicone lube or WD40 into the pulley, but be aware that the main central section is a cover - you have to spray in behind that.

I'd also have someone rev it to 2000rpm or so while you were standing in front of the car with the bonnet up and see if you can narrow down the source of the noise.

Thanks for the advice fellas, I have done about 80000 klm. While it was still under warranty I took it back to the dealer, they put a bracket on the clutch pipes, and the noise seemed to get a little better. today a I stuck some packing behind one of the pipes and it may have fixed the problem, need to take it out the highway because it seems to be bad when im cruising in top gear.i tried to pin point the noise with the bonnet up but on happens while im driving..... do you guys know much about the fuel consumption of the 2010???? am a bit worried about minre going from 10 to 12L per 100 klm. not driving it any harder

I have that ticking noise aswell it's been doing it from 20000kms it sounds like it coming form just behind the steering wheel i have taking it to many places no one can tell me what it is driving me insane!

Thanks old tony had a look and put some stuff behind them line seems to have done the trick!! Awesome advice!!! :)

Latest posts

Back